VTOT Site Work Begins
The site preparation work has begun. Thanks to all of the sponsors and donors who have made this possible!
Race to the Finish
After more than 18 months of planning and hard work, we are in a Race to the Finish to raise enough funds to build the Tribute in spring 2018. After raising just nearly $2.1M in donations and donated services & materials, we need just under $200K in donations between now and the spring. There are several ways to help:
- Make a donation through the website: Small, medium or large are welcome and appreciated!
- Purchase an engraved brick paver to honor a Veteran or a unit. You can order a paver on the website. These pavers will be installed during construction for permanent recognition.
- Become a major donor, or "Tribute Sponsor" and sponsor a specific element of the Tribute such as a stone bench or glass Military Service Panel. Tribute Sponsors will be recognized on the Donor Recognition Stand at the entrance to the site. If you are interested in learning about this option, please contact the VTOT Director, Mr. Tim Reese at Timreese2011@comcast.net
Upcoming Veterans Tribute of Oakland Township Events
| Mar |
| Due Date for Tribute Bricks for the summer 2018 installation |
| May |
| Memorial Day - 2018 |
The deadline for Tribute Bricks is March 15, 2018.
Who We Are
Honoring all Veterans of our Armed Forces and their role in preserving our freedom.
The Veterans Tribute of Oakland Township (VTOT) is a non-profit corporation chartered by the state of Michigan and
created solely for the design, construction and operation of a tribute in Oakland Township to the United States
Armed Forces and Military Veterans. The VTOT is led by a volunteer, unpaid Board of Directors who are all
residents of the Township:
- Timothy Reese, Colonel, US Army (Retired)
- Mike Whitefoot, Lt. Colonel, US Air Force (Retired)
- Terry Gonser, former Supervisor of Oakland Township, 2012-2016
- David Sokol, Veteran, US Army
- Dennis DaSilva, Veteran, US Air Force.
|Artist representation of finished tribute to be located at 5236 Adams Rd, Oakland Township, MI 48306
All funds raised for the project are managed by the Community Foundation of Greater Rochester, a
Federally approved 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
VTOT has established a fund within the Community Foundation of Greater Rochester to capture and manage donations.
No money passes through VTOT, All donations from this website will be processed through Paypal and deposited directly
to the Foundation account in the name of VTOT. Please visit the Foundation website for more details about this
Donor of the day
The VTOT would like to give a very big shout out to Dan Marino and the construction crew at Glencorp, Inc in Shelby Township, MI. The Glencorp team made a huge donation to the project by donating their equipment and time to do all the earth moving and site grading for the Tribute. We could never complete a project of this size without the great support of companies such as Glencorp. Thank you!